2012年8月31日 星期五

What is in your mind when you meet a corridor with a window?

What is in your mind when you meet a corridor with a window?
_DSC3397PS _DSC3440PSPS

Yes!Let's create a light penetrating from the window!

How to do it? It's simple. Let's explain it with an aid of photo. _DSC3440PS
A Nikon SB900 has been set behind the window.
Output power was set at 1/2 as most of power will be reduced while penetrating the window.
Zoom was set at 200mm in order to create an concentrated output.

Camera setting as follow:
f/5.6
1/15s
ISO 200
Let's see the result:
Remember, I didn't put any light modifier between the flash and the window at the beginning.
_DSC3402PS

Unfortunately, there are two problems in this photo.
First, the right side of the face is obviously over exposure.
Second, the light coming out from the window is too sharp.
I mean the sharp light can kill any one in the photo no matter how strong they are.
To deal with it, I put a diffused board between the flash and the window(just like you see in the previous picture)
A diffused board added can change the sharp light to a soft light.
By the way, I slightly increase the ISO of the camera as large amount of light emitted from flash will be absorbed by the diffused board.
f/5.6
1/15s
ISO 250
That's it. Let's see what was changed:
_DSC3416PS

Woo! It's amazing! The light coming from the window is very soft this time.
No one will be killed this time. Haha!
Lazy guy may finish the project with this satisfied outcome.
I might be the lazy one if I am in hurry.^a^
Since I have lots of time to enjoy a coke, I would like make it perfect!

As we can see, the trousers is a little bit under exposure.
We can't see the detail of the trousers.
I have to do something letting you see how beautiful of the trousers is.

OK! Let's set up another flash.
I use YongNuo 565ex Flash this time.
Beware, I won't set the flash directly illuminate on the trousers because the trousers is not the main character in the photo.
I don't need bright trousers.
I just need a complementary light spreading on the trousers.
So, I put a golden reflector board on the floor in front of the object and set the flash emitting light direct to the golden reflector board.

_DSC3435PS

Output power was set at 1/32.
By the way, I use light-induced mode to trigger the complementary flash rather than TTL mode because the infra-red signal coming out from SB900 was totally blocked by the thick wall.

Everything is ready!Boom!
_DSC3425PS
It's almost perfect, right?

The last thing I would like to do is:
Reduce the shutter speed from 1/15s to 1/30s. OK! That's finished!
_DSC3432PS

All the setting as below:
_DSC3434PS _DSC3441PS
A cord with extension line was used to trigger a SB900 inside the house.

Finally, are you interested in seeing what was going on without using flash?
That's it! Not bad? But it must not be good.
_DSC3429PS

沒有留言:

張貼留言